Get your smartphone ready for some note taking. The Guru of Geek Marlo Anderson visits with Rockin’ Dave Blair and Tech Geezer Jim Walsh about ways to save and make money using your smartphone. The Guru of Geek is going to help justify why he uses a cellphone. We’re not sure if he is trying to convince or listeners the benefits of paying for our data plans, but his points are valid.
In 1995 the average landline cost was about $62 per month for a home. This cost often included long distance calling, which is the main reason people began switching to cell phones. Today, the average cell phone cost is about $60 per month. However, the cost depends on the data plan you choose. The more data you need, the more the phone bill will cost. Have you ever wondered if your return on your investment has paid off?
Taking full advantage of the features on your smartphone will allow you to get the maximum value. Let’s explore common features and add value to your service to see where you stand with your current smart phones.
Performing micro tasks using a smartphone is becoming easier as technology evolves. In the time we spend waiting for appointments, we can earn cash. The second half of The Tech Ranch offers tips on how to earn money using a smartphone.
Apps That Help You Earn Money
- Swagbucks – Lets you earn free gift cards for taking surveys, watching videos and shopping online.
- Inboxdollars – Pays you to read email, shop online and watch videos.
- MyPoints – Receive gift cards from places like Amazon, Ebay and clothing outlets by earning points made on purchases.
- Panelpayday – Earn up to $150 for taking a survey.
- Mindswarm – Get paid $50 for answering 10 minutes worth of questions using video response.
- Receipt hog – Flexible receipt scanning apps to earn coins to redeem for cash.
- Shopkick – Earn points for everyday shopping just for walking into store and scanning items. Price collection.
- Mobee – Mystery shopping that can be completed in 5 minutes or less.
- Nelson Digital voice – Earn points to convert into cash for every hour you use your smartphone.
- AppNana – Get paid to download, test and review apps.
- Foap – Let’s you sell your photographs online.
If you would like the “Guru of Geek” to do a product review and have it featured on The Tech Ranch, let us know! Leave us a comment on this episode or call 701-204-6674 for more information.
Join the “Guru of Geek” Marlo Anderson and “Tech Geezer” Jim Walsh every week for a new episode of the Tech Ranch.
Broadcast Date April 4, 2018 Episode 311